Article of Nayab Nasir
جس دھج سے کوئی مقتل میں گیا وہ شان سلامت رہتی ہے
یہ جان تو آنی جانی ہے اس جان کی تو کوئی بات نہیں
Footages from PTI’s Long March since last week has been giving reminiscences of TLP’s Dharna in Ramadan 2021. There were arrests of leadership. Police brutality at its peak. Straight shots being fired towards public and heavy shelling. Road blockages through containers and other oppressive measures that any fascist government would take just like PTI did against TLP in 2021.
There were however a few stark differences;
- The leadership of TLP was on foot with the general public not in AC cars and containers.
- The leadership of TLP spearheaded the march themselves they did not put forward the poor public as pawns to die and remove hurdles while they (PTI) arrive in helicopters.
- The leadership of TLP got arrested with full honor and glory. They did not resist or spit out venom against the police, army and other state institutions.
- The leadership of TLP stayed in prisons for months and faced the wrath of PML-N and PTI government but did not bow down.
- TLP did not bring women and children as shield. Neither did they ask women of their followers to come out while their own families were labeled as ‘گھریلو خواتین’.
- Never did the TLP leadership or any worker utter expletives or use any kind of abusive language. Instead after facing every torture and oppression all they said was ‘Labbaik Ya RasoolAllah ﷺ’.
- TLP leadership never backed out from their demands or make backdoor agreements. They put forward similar demand every time. Even after the last government and the current government did not honor a single agreement.
- TLP leadership offered funerals of their martyrs with complete honor and respect as the leader led the funeral prayer not like Imran Khan who let his blind followers die on roads while he couldn’t even utter a single sentence for them from top of his container.
There is a famous Urdu proverb
‘خدا کی لاٹھی بے آواز ہے’
and indeed everyone saw what happened with PML-N, PPP and PTI etc. for their oppression on the people who only came out for protecting Honor of our Last Prophet ﷺ. However, oppression can not last forever. There is daylight after every darkest night. So, we are not hopeless. We believe that one day a true Muslims will lead the youth of this country to a real Islamic revolution. He will lead those who went astray with the promise of Allah and will walk on the footsteps of our Last Prophet ﷺ. He will bring true Justice to our people and bring us out of this misery and tyranny. Not only will he bring peace to Pakistan but will unite all Muslims and bring justice to all the Muslims being persecuted across the globe.
Can we find that leader in Allama Saad Hussain Rizvi? Only time will tell.
Written: Nayab Nasir